Miller's Run of the Season
The Miller’s Run of the Season is an event that celebrates Cape Town’s special downwind season, where the relentless South-easter winds blow every day, all day for 4 months and paddlers from all over the world travel to paddle the famous Miller’s Run 11:70km downwind course.
The event will recognize the Miller’s Run history and previous records set on the course by the world’s most talented downwind paddlers. The event will run for 4 months starting on the 1st November 2017 and will be finishing on the 28th of February 2018.
Surfski athletes of all levels of experience can participate in the event, but we recommend you only paddle in conditions suitable to your level of fitness and skill. Be warned that downwind paddling can be dangerous if you push your limits, we recommend seeking advice from our seasoned local paddlers before attempting the Miller’s Run course. After paying an entry fee and filling out the registration form you will be eligible for category and special event prizes. Your recorded times will be officially recognized.
HOW IT WORKS
- Athletes can enter online and pay the registration fee of R350
- Athletes must post their Miller’s Run times through the following channels:
- Facebook or Instagram Post with image/screenshot of times tagged with #MockeMillersRunOfTheSeason
- Email your image/screenshot to email@example.com
- All images posted and/or emailed must show the following data fields:
- Average speed
*ATHLETES MUST HAVE THEIR OWN TRACKING DEVICES TO TAKE PART
- All times will be recorded and displayed on the website for athletes to visit and check their season rankings
Turn Off To Millers Point
- The starting point at the rock just off Miller’s Point, where athletes click start (on their smartwatch or smart tracking device) as they paddle past the rock.
Millers Point Launch
Start Your Watch As You Round The Rock
- The finishing point is the place where your feet touch the sand in front of Fishhoek Lifesaving club. (distance can’t be shorter than 11:60 km)
Fishhoek Lifesaving Club (Finish)
- At the end of the season, participants will be invited to a special prize giving so we can have their season achievements recognized.
UP FOR GRABS
SINGLES Prize Money R10 000
- Men New Record: Trophy (Current Record 36:36 mins)
- Women New Record: Trophy (Current Record 42:23 mins)
- Overall Men: R1500
- Overall Women: R1500
- Men u23: R1000
- Ladies u23: R1000
- Boys U18: R500
- Girls U18: R500
- Men 50+: R1000
- Women 50+: R1000
- Men 60+: R1000
- Women 60+: R1000
Special Category Prizes (non-cash prizes)
Best Miller’s Run Video: Epic surfski.
Runner-Up: Epic paddle.
Posted the Most Miller’s Runs of the Season : Vaaka watch and cadence sensor.
Fastest Recorded Double Time of the Season: 2x Orka Paddle.
Fastest Recorded Mixed Double Time of the Season: A Private Chef Date Night for 4, the two competitors and their partners in one Dinner Evening, in the comfort of their own home (Approx. value R 6,000). Learn more about Seasoned Chefs (https://www.seasoned.co.za/).
To Win a Motionized Kayak System. Step 1: Like the Motionized Facebook Page HTTP: www.Facebook.com/motionizeSA/ Step 2: Post the #motionizemymillersrun hashtag to the millers run of the season facebook page: Https:/www.facebook.com/millersrunoftheseason/ Step 3: Do at least 5 millers runs to be recorded as part of the Mocke Millers Run of the Season competition. A men’s winner and a women’s winner will be chosen at random at the MMOTS prize giving
Most Improved Miller’s Run Time of the Season (must post at least 5 Miller’s Run times): Downwind in a double with Dawid Mocke.
Anyone who manages to complete and post 20 Miller’s Runs will receive a special edition Mocke Miller’s Run Of The Season commemorative t-shirt (sponsored by Toshiba)